Hōhepa Hawke's Bay supports, enables and cares for children / tamariki, young people / rangatahi and adults. We are a special character organisation – applicants must be willing to work within our principles which are based on anthroposophy and inclusive social development (Dr Rudolf Steiner), and Te Ao Māori.
Hōhepa operates facilities in the Poraiti, Clive and Taradale area. We are in the process of developing property to better meet the needs of people we support. The Property Services team focuses on ensuring that each person can live in a safe and secure environment. Compliance with legislation and regulations is a big part of the job.
This is a new position following restructure, the main responsibilities will be:
- Manage the Property Services team, including relationships with customers (internal and external), contractors and suppliers.
- Support and provide project management of the property development programme.
- Support Health & Safety management and emergency planning.
- Play a full role as part of the Hōhepa Leadership Team.
To be successful as Property Services Manager you will:
- Have a building/trade qualification, and/or good knowledge of working with contractors and specialists, and their needs and requirements
- Have experience of building project management, detailed knowledge of the consent process, working knowledge of all legislation and requirements
- Be self-motivated, highly organised, able to plan and manage resources
- Be able to establish and maintain rapport with people we support at Hōhepa, facility managers, staff contractors and all stakeholders
- Have people management experience, able to mentor/coach staff, lead a team effectively (in a consultative way)
- Be committed to privacy and confidentiality, and not engage in gossip
- Demonstrate qualities of a role model; integrity, trustworthiness, self-reflection
- Be able to make a contribution to the organisation at a senior level, remain calm and objective in stressful situations, maintain stable performance under pressure
- Hold a full driving clean licence
- Be computer literate
- Be willing to work within the principles and practices of anthroposophy as they apply to work in the property team; this includes respect for the uniqueness of each individual
- And also – have a good sense of humour…!
Hōhepa welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds; we employ a diverse workforce and think this is a great place to work! You must have the right to work in Aotearoa New Zealand to be appointed to the role.